The Kabuki drop is a special effect in which a lightweight fabric is dropped swiftly from above to conceal or reveal your product, space, or performers. The Rose Brand Kabuki System is lightweight, modular, and easy to employ. For even greater versatility, the Rose Brand Kabuki System is capable of both single and double kabuki effects.
The single Kabuki consists of either a concealing curtain dropping in, or a revealing curtain dropping to the floor. The double Kabuki is a two-step process which begins with the curtain stored above, out of sight. The first trip releases the curtain into its concealing position. A second trip releases the curtain to the floor for the reveal.
Unlike other systems which require multiple trip mechanisms, the Rose Brand Kabuki System can operate a full stage single kabuki drop on just one trip mechanism. Add just one more for the double Kabuki effect.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS AND BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Kabukis can be triggered by your light board non-dim when available, or a pendant controller (sold separately)
• Manual trip cord provides fail safe
• Pendant controller operates single or double trip effect
• Units operate from 110 v power outlet and require less than 1 amp
• Using your light board and additional trip mechanisms, the Rose Brand Kabuki can be configured to create a “tear away” trip effect
• Modular design makes installation, removal and transport simple
• Units can be linked for large full stage curtains
• Durable black anodized finish
• Lightweight aluminum construction made in the USA
• Curtains hang on pins that adjust to your grommet spacing
• Each 5’ unit is suspended from adjustable pipe clamps (included)
Reliable, fail-safe operation so your Kabuki drops the first time and every time.
Ask us about custom sewing the curtain for your Kabuki system. We have a wealth of different fabrics and colors to choose from, such as China Silk, Tergalet, Poly Silk and Crushed Gloss Satin.
Available for purchase or rental.